Monday, October 27, 2014

Widgets

❤| Because life itself is a gift


With my computer still on my lap, I sit back on the sofa and let myself relax.

I close my eyes and let my lips curve into a smile, it was a long day but I chose this moment to just stop for a second and fully enjoy the moment. I had turned on some calm piano music just before and I just let the music consume me, erasing all signs of stress or worry. The fact that I stopped for a second, closed my laptop that I had been working on earlier, made all the difference in my mood.

I kept my eyes closed for a while and simply reflected over my day while eliminating myself of all stress and worry.

After that I opened my eyes and continued working, feeling a million gazillion times more happy all because of that short moment.




The thing is, life is short and every moment is meant to be enjoyed. I often make the mistake of looking forward to an event so much that I hope time to go by faster so that the event will come sooner, or the opposite - being so stressed out that I don't enjoy the moment. I have made it a habit of mine to often stop for a minute or so, close my eyes, and just simply relax and enjoy my life.

Especially on busy days.

When I am walking home from school, I often stop on the side of the walkway and just enjoy the small things - the smell of cooking from a person's house, the gorgeous view, and a good school day I had.

❤| Because life is meant to be enjoyable, not stressful. 
❤| Because life itself is a gift, and gifts are meant to be cherished.
❤| Because life is short and you only life through it once. 

So you've got to #YOLO but still enjoy every single moment.

From now on, try to stop once every day, close your eyes, and relax. Put on some calming music, and maybe even make a mug of hot chocolate (Ah! Best thing about winter's approach).

Remember that life only gives us one chance, there are no second chances in life, so cherish every moment of it and remember to #yolo because you can never be sure if you'll still be alive tomorrow.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment